Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It’s a new year! Yay! Here’s to a brand new year which will bring brand new books! This week, my Top Bookish Goals for 2013.
10. Read at least 50 books this year. Although I blew away my goal in 2012 I want to reread a large list of books, and I want to enjoy and savor them.
9. Reread books in a series before reading the newly released book. This is for Delirium, Partials, The Selection, Divergent, The Chemical Garden Trilogy, and Eve Trilogy.
8. Take my time when rereading books. In 2012 I flew through most of these books because they were SO AWESOME. This year I want to take my time.
7. Finish a few series that I started and haven’t finished: Gossip Girl, Matched, Gone Series, The Mortal Instruments, The Maze Runner, and Pretty Little Liars. These I will not be rereading the completed books.
6. Only watch a movie based on a book after reading the movie. This worked out well for me in 2012 and kept me away from movies. I had more time to read, even though I didn’t read the books based on movies I watched significantly fewer movies this year. That’s a big accomplishment for me as I’m a bit of a TV and movie addict. This also goes for TV shows. The Carrie Diaries is premiering next year and I loved Sex and the City but I’ve never read one of Candace Bushnell’s books. I think now is the time!
5. Read the books I currently own that I haven’t read. It’s quite embarrassing how many books I have (and how long I’ve owned them) and haven’t read them.
4. Buy fewer books. Ideally I won’t buy any books this year, but I already have five or six books on preorder from Amazon. Those don’t count. Technically I bought them in 2012.
3. Review more of the books that I finish.
2. Stop looking for books to read online and READ. I have over a thousand books in my TBR list on Goodreads. Those books aren’t going to suddenly disappear.
1. Keep track of the books I read in order to make my 50 book goal for 2013 but not checking my progress every time I finish a book. I’m gonna read and read and read.